ŽALVARINIS is the best known Lithuanian folk-rock band. Sharp guitar riffs, rock pulsation, folklore and it’s interpretations, also synthesis of contemporary styles of music as rock, blues, and world music creates an unforgettable, powerful explosive musical mix. The band formed in 2001, in Vilnius, Lithuania. Band was created by composer, producer, guitarist & vocalist - Robertas Semeniukas.
Group energy, rock and roll and blues groove is the reason why the band appears in various rock music festivals not only in Lithuania, but also in United States of America, Great Britain, Estonia, Austria, Poland, Ukraine or China.
Žalvarinis collaborates with professional jazz, rock, folk musicians, and the best Lithuanian performers. After the successful concerts in Lithuanian Song Festival, where thousands of vocalists sang together Žalvarinis songs, also concerts in Henley festival in UK. Their concerts will be held in clubs, private events, town festivals and other festivals in Lithuania or abroad.
● SIGITA JONYNAITĖ – vocals
● VILTĖ AMBRAZAITYTĖ – vocals
● ROBERTAS SEMENIUKAS – vocals, guitars, composer
2022 – CANTABILE
2020 – DEMO & REMIX 2008-2015
2019 – ŠVĘSKIME LAISVĘ
2019 – GERIAUSIOS DAINOS
2018 – EINAM TOLYN
2016 – TEKA
2014 – GYVAS
2008 – FOLK N' ROCK
2005 – ŽALIO VARIO
2002 – ŽALVARINIS
Such bands and performers as Led Zeppelin, Guns N’Roses, AC/DC, Metallica, Queen, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, RHCP, Dead Can Dance, Ilgi, Shakti, Zpoan Vtenz, Gods Tower, Philip Glass, Miles Davis, Frank Zappa, Zakir Hussain, Joe Satriani, Tony Levin, Steve Vai, Jeff Beck, etc. have a significant inpact on the creative works of the band.
The most important festivals:
The band performs in the largest Lithuanian, European folk-rock, rock, folklore, world music festivals such as: The Henley Festival (UK), Kraina Mryi (Ukraine), Regioo (
Shared the stage with:
Zalvarinis has shared the stage with such well-known bands and performers as Lionel Richie, Gregory Porter, Jessie J, Gipsy Kings, The Hobos, Alphaville, Zdob si Zdub, Groove Armada, Fools Garden, Tricky, BIX, Skamp, Andrius Mamontovas, Marijonas Mikutavičius, G&G Sindikatas, Happyendless, Sepultura, Marduk etc.
Most important events
- 2001 – Band was created by composer, producer, guitarist & vocalist – Robertas Semeniukas.
- 2002 – the Band has released the first album “Žalvarinis”.
- 2002 – Zalvarinis Starred in the Austrian Film studio Film about Lithuania.
- 2004 – The Award of the Best Discovery of the Year 2004. National Television (LRT).
- 2004 – Christmas Charity Concert Angels to People, Siemens Arena, Vilnius, Lithuania.
- 2004 – The Anthem for the International Balloon Fiesta Ant kalno murai was composed.
- 2002 – the Band has released the second album “Žalio vario”.
- 2005 – The Video of the Song Alaus alaus was filmed in Latvia‘s National Television.
- 2005 – The best folk-rock group Award in the Alternative Music Festival Velniu Malunas.
- 2005 – The Acoustic Program was presented in the National Television (LRT).
- 2006 – The Nomination of the Year Ethno Group was received in A.LT 2005 Awards.
- 2006 – The Performance in the Spectacular of the Lightening of the Christmas Tree in the Capital City of Lithuania.
- 2007 – National Basketball Team Zalgiris Season‘s Opening in Sports Hall in Kaunas.
- 2002 – the Band has released the third album “Folk N’Rock”.
- 2008 – The Song Stinta Pukis was composed for the First National Film Awards Sidabrine Gerve.
- 2009 – The book Du broleliu was released with the karaoke versions of the best known Lithuanian folk-rock bands Zalvarinis and Atalyja.
- 2009 – The Show in the International Fireworks Festival Vilnius fejerija 2009 in Vilnius.
- 2010 – The band is experimenting, searching for the new sound. The acoustic program Zalvarinis kitaip has come into being. Zalvarinis performs in Lithuanian clubs, TV projects, compose new songs with famous Lithuanian instrumentalists (Tadas Desukas-violin, Zydrunas Mockunas-percussion, Indre Jurgeleviciute – flute, vocals).
- 2012 – The Song Sunus was recorded with the icon of Lithuanian Pop Scene – Marijus Mikutavicius. The records were assisted by the celebrated jazz bassist Vytis Nivinskas.
- 2012 – Zalvarinis was nominated in T.E.T.E. Music Awards.
- 2012 – Commemorating the 150th anniversary of the Lithuanian poet, priest, scientist Maironis birth anniversary, Zalvarinis has recorded the song Negesta akys according to the poet’s poems Uzmigo zeme.
- 2013 – The single Alum lijo was recorded. Famous Lithuanian jazz instrumentalists helped to record it: Liutauras Janusaitis-saxophone, Jievaras Jasinskis-trombone, Laurynas Lape-trumpet.
- 2013 – The Performance in the Lithuanian Music Association Awards MAMA in Zalgiris Arena, Kaunas Town.
- 2013 – The New Program was Presented in the Radio Station Lietus.
- 2013 – An acoustic concert with 21 famous Lithuanian musicians and especially for this event gathered choir took place in the church of St. Catherine in Vilnius.
- 2014 – The album from the acoustic concert „GYVAS“ was released.
- Also the performances to the Lithuanian soldiers were very important in the band’s life. One of the most memorable events is military exercise Amber Hope held in Klaipeda, 2007.
- 2014 – ZALVARINIS performed in the World Lithuanian Song Festival opening and Song Day concerts where the band’s songs were accompanied by thousands of vocalists from festival participants Choirs.
- 2015 – ZALVARINIS pretended to get the best rock band nomination in Lithuanian Music Association Awards M.A.M.A.
- 2015 – ZALVARINIS was invited to play at one of England’s most prestigious festivals, The Henley Festival.
- 2016 – ZALVARINIS has released the fifth album “TEKA”.
- 2017 – Spring Tour in China (Beishan World Music Festival, DJD World Music Festival) Zhuhai, Beijing, Baoding
- 2017 – Autumn Tour in China (Shanghai World Music Festival) Shanghai
- 2018 – On the 16th of February 2018 the Band has released a Double Vinyl & CD Album “Einam tolyn”.
- 2018 – ZALVARINIS and State Song and Dance Ensemble “Lithuania” is preparing a joint project “Celebrate Freedom” dedicated to commemorating the centenary of the Restored Lithuania. The author of music and arranger is Robertas Semeniukas, director and choreographer – Donatas Bakėjus.
- 2019 – ZALVARINIS has released the seventh album “The Best Of Zalvarinis” LP & CD.
- 2019 – ZALVARINIS has released the live album “Švęskime laisvę” feat. Valstybinis Ansamblis Lietuva.
- 2020 – ZALVARINIS has released the demo album “Demo & Remix 2008-2015” digital version.
- 2021 – ZALVARINIS “Gold Disc” of the Year. Nominated by Lithuanian Music Association
- 2022 – band release tenth album “CANTABILE”